3.16 Create Internal Purchase Order vs. UNHRD Pro Forma Invoice
| Create INTERNAL PO vs. Pro Forma Invoice|
|Performer:||Internal Partner (CO/RB/HQ)|
|Role:||Staff at Internal Partner's side|
|Transaction :||WINGSII - ME21N|
If the requestor of services is an internal WFP Partner, the Country Office/Regional Bureau/Unit at HQ will have to create an Internal Purchase Order (ZINT PO) in accordance with the Pro Forma Invoice received from UNHRD and showing the same line items structure. In case of Internal Partner, when sending out the Proforma Invoice to be signed , it is required also to include a standard message giving the following information on how to create the PO:
- INSTRUCTION TO CO/RB/LO FOR THE CREATION OF THE ZINT PO AGAINST UNHRD VENDOR
- The Sales Order Number/PI must be indicated into the PO as mandatory reference.
- PO will be created against UNHRD Vendor 60000000, as a “ZINT PO” type and having as Purchasing Organization “INTL”, committing the CO’s Funds.
- When creating the Material line item in the PO, the Country Office will have to insert the “Material Group” provided with the Proforma Invoice to derive the correct information.
- Depending on the destination usage of the material and type of Funds, the material Account Assignment Category (AAC) will be:
- AAC=“P – Project” if against a Project (WBS element); and NFI value is lower than USD 5,000
- AAC= “A - Asset” if the material will become an Asset for the CO. (its value is greater than USD 5,000). In this case, the PO line item Unit Price will include both the material and the transport cost(as this will be capitalized as per IPSAS rules and regulations). In addition, in case of quantity higher than 1, note that the PO will have to contain one line item for any individual fixed asset (in case of procurement of 3 generators whose unit cost, including transport to CO, is higher than the capitalization threshold, the Po has to contain three lines with quantity 1)
- AAC=“F - Order” if against an internal order (e.g. PSA, TF, etc.) and NFI value is lower than USD 5,000
- One single line item will have to be entirely dedicated to the MCR value.
- Transport service (if not related to an asset) and MCR line item must be linked to UNHRD Int. Serv. Material group:
- Add also kindly add the SO number in the SO field on the ZINT PO:
- Attached some instructions on how to create a ZINT PO with ref to the SALES ORDER fields.
Read more on how to updated SO references on ZINTPO in Chapter 3.19 Update Sales Order with PO Number.
NOTE In case of sale that includes UNHRD Field Team deployment, the Country Office/Regional Bureau/Unit at HQ has to reflect the Proforma Invoice line related to the Staff associated costs for the procurement or replenishment of the materials required by the Field team included, by consider that as SERVICE rather than GOODS. By doing that once the mission is be completed the Country Office/Regional Bureau/Unit at HQ posts a Service Entry Sheet such line rather than a GR. This is because these materials are not delivered to Country Office/Regional Bureau/Unit at HQ, but they are required for the team to accomplish the mission.