2.4 Request Replenishment & Services Costs Estimate
| Request Replenishment & Services Costs Estimate|
|Transaction :||Corporate e-mail|
As per Clarification Memo named "UNHRD Procedures for Billing, Ad Hoc Vendors/ Customers and Related Issues" In order to ensure UNHRD's long-term financial sustainability whilst simultaneously quoting fair and unbiased prices to our customers, a hierarchy of pricing mechanisms has been established. There are three aspects that need to be managed, namely:
- A. Prices for goods and external services are to be based on the following (in the order of preference listed below):
- 1. PO value/price (replacement/replenishment cost)
- 2. LTA price (in the absence of a PO price, e.g., especially if finalising tender/creating PO is expected to take some time) or
- 3. MAP, i.e., the Moving Average Price automatically calculated by the system (in the absence of 1 and 2 above) – this method is applicable only for Inventory items.
- B. For services handled internally, UNHRD's standard price list per Hub applies. It should be noted that each Hub is responsible for maintaining their own price lists, including periodic review of such services and their prices. Updated price lists for each Hub should be posted in the Restricted area of the UNHRD website.
- C. The PI/quotation value shall not be applied net of the safety margin, unless under exceptional circumstances, and only upon prior approval by the Network Coordinator.
The cost estimates have to be requested by e-mail to the Procurement Unit (local or at Support Office level) in case of:
- NFI replenishment for which neither an LTA nor MAP (or osbolete MAP) are available, and
- Non-logistics services to be procured externally and not listed as standard services which are provided to Partner free of charge.
For any other transport service, transport manual applies, thereof procurement will be performed by Logistics unit directly.
Fixed price services will be quoted according to the Hub specific rates (price list) and could be changed in specific situations depending on previous confirmation of the Hub manager.