3.16 Create Internal Purchase Order vs. Pro Forma Invoice
| Create INTERNAL PO vs. Pro Forma Invoice|
|Performer:||Internal Partner (CO/HQ)|
|Role:||Staff at Internal Partner's side|
|Transaction :||WINGSII - ME21N|
If the requestor of services is an internal WFP Partner, the Country Office/Regional Bureau/Unit at HQ will have to create an Internal Purchase Order (ZINT PO) in accordance with the Pro Forma Invoice received from UNHRD and showing the same line items structure. In case of Internal Partner, when sending out the Proforma Invoice to be signed, it is required also to include a standard message giving the following information on how to create the PO:
- INSTRUCTIONS TO CO/RB/LO FOR THE CREATION OF THE ZINT PO AGAINST UNHRD VENDOR
- The Sales Order Number/PI must be indicated into the PO as mandatory reference.
- PO will be created against UNHRD Vendor 60000000, as a “ZINT PO” type and having as Purchasing Organization “INTL”, committing the CO’s Funds.
- When creating the Material line item in the PO, the Country Office will have to insert appropriate "Material Group' to derive the correct accounting information (see the instructions from paragraph 30 to 37 of the attached guide named ‘ZINT_workflow_1 (4).pdf’)
- Depending on the destination usage of the material and type of Funds, the material Account Assignment Category (AAC) will be:
- AAC=“P – Project” if against a Project (WBS element); and NFI value is lower than USD 5,000
- AAC= “A - Asset” if the material will become an Asset for the CO. (its value is greater than USD 5,000). In this case, the PO line item Unit Price will include both the material and the transport cost(as this will be capitalized as per IPSAS rules and regulations). In addition, in case of quantity higher than 1, note that the PO will have to contain one line item for any individual fixed asset (in case of procurement of 3 generators whose unit cost, including transport to CO, is higher than the capitalization threshold, the Po has to contain three lines with quantity 1)
- AAC=“F - Order” if against an internal order (e.g. PSA, TF, etc.) and NFI value is lower than USD 5,000
- One single line item will have to be entirely dedicated to the MCR value.
- Transport service (if not related to an asset) and MCR line item must be linked to UNHRD Int. Serv. Material group:
- Also kindly add the SO number in the SO field on the ZINT PO:
- Attached some instructions on how to create a ZINT PO with ref to the SALES ORDER fields.