Difference between revisions of "3.22 Direct Delivery"
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
| Corporate e-mail
| Corporate e-mail
Revision as of 13:51, 29 April 2019
| Third Order Sales|
|Performer:||Customer Service & Logistics|
|Role:||C.S. Representatives, Logistics & Finance|
|Transaction :||Corporate e-mail|
Direct Delivery process is applied to those sales that involve the delivery of goods directly from Supplier's location to UNHRD Partner. The process can be applied either to procurement of standard items or to items procured ad-hoc upon request of Partners. Shipping terms that can be applied to Direct Delivery sale can be either EXWorks, when transport is procured separately by UNHRD, or DAP, when transport is performed by Supplier beside the provision of goods. In case of Direct Delivery Order process, the following procedure applies:
- UCS staff issue the Inquiry, quotation and Sales Order by following the instructions in Chapter 1.2 Create Inquiry and Chapter Chapter 2.7 Create Quotation
- UCS and Logistics staff follow the instructions on Chapter 5.4 to create Outbound Delivery for Direct Delivery process
- UCS tracks and follows up with supplier to ascertain status of shipment and advise Consignee accordingly; pre-alerts the arrival of cargo to final destination. Once suppliers' advise on final delivery is received, UCS staff must follow up with Partners to collect their confirmation of receipt of the goods.
- In case of internal Partners, when consignee receives the goods, the CO (requestor) raises the GR against the ZINT PO and informs UCS staff accordingly. If GR posting is delayed against ZINT PO, Finance should follow up with CO.
- UCS staff sends the Inspection Report issued from the ZINT PO (same process applied on standard GR against PONF) to collect CO’s signature as proof of the fact that the items are in line with PO specifications.
- In case of external Partners, a signed shipping document from consignee is required as per SOP’s para 6.2.
- Only once the GR is issued against the ZINT PO or the signed shipping document is collected from External Partner, the UCS staff at involved hub raises the GR against the PONF issues from HRD Procurement to supply the goods to the HRD Partner. In the meantime Logistics staff records the Proof of Delivery in the system
- UCS staff provides HRD Finance and Procurement with GRN ref. no together with the signed IR from the CO or with the signed shipping document from the External Partner, in order to proceed with payment to supplier.
NOTE: the above applies either if PONF includes procurement of items and their transport to final destination or if PONF is for NFI only (EXWORKS as Incoterms applies) and a separate TPO is issued to delivery the items to final destination.
The figure below shows in brief the Direct Delivery process: